1.) hmmmm Well i remeber transformations by looking at the function, say it was like (x^2-2)-3i look for the parent function!
this is where the fun starts! i see how the function was changed and skewed. The way i remember it is the changes that occur in the parentheses alwyas mean that something is being changed on the x-axis and things outside are for the y-axis. It's just like the rest of math, where the x,y coordinates are in ABC Order :I
2.) Back when I just started taking Trig, Ihad a lot of trouble memorizing all the coordinates in the unit circle,but slowly I invented away I could see a point and know exactly what it's coordinates were. The way i remembered was always in reference to Cosine, or the x in the coordinate plane. So if i saw anything over six, I automatically knew that the Cosine would be √3/2, and th reason i knew was because the 3 MULTIPLIED by 2 is 6 :).
Also if i saw aanything over 3, knew that it would be some form of 1/2, because 1 PLUS 2 is 3 [:
and the easy one was or course the ones over 4, which were √2/2.
3.) Things that still worryuabout me about Trig is things like factoring and law of cosines, i always ghave trouble memorizing lots of formulas and things, thats why i was scared for Calc becauase i knew i woujld have to learn and memorize a lot formulas.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Nice stratgies Ruben. This shows you know how to study. I like your Inside, Outside = x, y transformations! Very nice.
ReplyDeleteYou ok today? What happened yesterday that you had couldnt get partial credit at least?